Been sick as a dog for a few days now, it’s 3:30am, my mind is racing, and I can’t sleep. Let’s do a stream of consciousness blog.
1. Why do they say “sick as a dog”? My dogs are never sick.
2. It’s snowing outside…again. My kids will have no school…again. As the Dudette said recently…”going to school five days a week is so 2013.”
3. Yesterday was a tough day to be an advocate. Got a lot of sh*t for my blog post. And once in a while I ask myself, is all the time and effort I put in, when I intentionally don’t make a penny off this blog, worth it? Then I go to this page and I simply smile. Yes, it’s worth every damn second.
4. No seriously…this is the year I’m really going to start playing guitar more.
5. When I was a kid, I watched the Olympics every single night.
6. The older I get, the less drawn I am to them. Not sure if that says more about what they’ve become or who I’ve become.
7. My blog has officially passed 1 million visitors. Not bad for a two year old blog that was pretty much a ghost town the first six months.
8. And if you’re curious what that big spike is in the chart to the right, that was the day we got Disney to axe the episode of Jessie that was about to air. Ah….sweet victory.
9. Just finished the Bruce (Springsteen) bio last night. When I grow up…I want to be just like him.
10. By the way, he’s 64 years old. And he’s still doing stuff like this.
I repeat…he’s 64. When my dad was 64, he had one foot in the grave. Just goes to show how exercise and a strong passion for something can keep you going strong.
11. Mrs. Dude is amazing. Just wanted to put that out there.
12. It’s now 4:00 in the morning.
13. I’m heading down to the Gluten Free Living Conference in Orlando in early April. Anybody up for a road trip? Would love to see you there.
14. Do you follow me on Facebook?
17. I started P90X this past weekend. Only 86 more days to go. Was getting in an exercise rut and from what I hear, this will certainly shake me out of it.
18. I’m looking for a good movie for the Dudette and I to see this Saturday. Any recommendations?
19. Yes…it’s still snowing.
20. I think it’s time to give GlutenDude.com a face lift. Change is good.
21. I have a daughter going to college next year. How did THAT happen?
22. Big things happening with Jennifer Esposito and her Jennifer’s Way bakery. Can’t wait to share it all with you.
23. Cherish the time with your kids folks. It goes by way too fast.
24. I had the following exchange with someone on Twitter yesterday:
Me: You mean you were diagnosed celiac and now you eat gluten?
Him: Me and 3 others were healed last year. We have all eaten gluten for the past year without a single celiac symptom!
Me: I have no words…
Him: How about Praise God?!
Me: I was thinking more along the lines of “lymphoma” but ok.
25. My mom continually put her happiness in God’s hands. My mom was never happy.
26. My point? Faith is a good thing. Over-reliance on Faith can be a dangerous thing.
27. Guess who else will be in Orlando in April? Irish Heart! Yep…we finally get to meet.
28. Do I go back to bed when I’m done with this or just start my work day??
29. This season of Walking Dead has been quite the disappointment. (Really? You brought the Governor back??) But last Sunday’s episode gave me some hope.
30. Like I always say…hope is a good thing.
31. The TTB just ruled that Omission Beer and other beers made with barley cannot label themselves as gluten-free. That makes me happy.
32. Thanks for hanging with me.
33. I’m outta here.