So last week, I had an idea to create celiac awareness. I wanted to create a page called “The Faces of Celiac Disease” and I asked that you send in your picture, the year you were diagnosed and what celiac disease means to you.
We’re all busy people and though I thought the idea was a good one, I expected some images to trickle through and it would take a few weeks to get enough to build a decent sized wall.
Well…I totally underestimated the passion of the celiac community.
As of right now, over 500 of my fellow celiacs have sent me their information. Just incredible. Keep em coming!
That’s the good news.
On the flip side of that is that it takes time for me to edit each image, post it to the gallery and then add the text. I’m more than happy to do it, but Rome wasn’t built in a day, and apparently neither was this Wall.
But, I have been working my butt off and I’ve got over 200 people up there already and that is enough in my mind to officially launch the page, which can be found here.
A few quick thoughts on what I’ve posted thus far:
- I love the variety of what celiac means to everyone. Just a great mix.
- So cool that we have some kids up there. Tough being diagnosed at such a young age and proud to have them on The Wall.
- Where are all the Dudes???
- All of the pics are listed alphabetically, so it’s easier to find your face.
- My goal is to add at least 20/day until I’m caught up. Be patient with me.
- For those of you that posted your pics on Facebook, please use this form instead. Serious time-saver on my end.
Ok…enough jibber-jabber. Check out The Wall, send me your info if you have not already, and please share the h*ll out of it. It’s all about awareness. Thanks!