What does a blogger do when he’s got tons of things on his mind but not sure if any of them are worthy of a full blog post?
He throws them all against a wall and hopes that some of them stick.
Here’s my Friday stream of consciousness…
- It’s my birthday tomorrow. The older I get, the more my birthday becomes less a time of celebration and more a time of reflection. And as a reflect, I realize I am one lucky son of a gun. An amazing wife, two phenomenal kids, I work for myself, I run this wonderful gluten-free community. What more could a guy ask for?
- While I will reflect, I will also be sure to celebrate…and then some. Isn’t that what life is all about?
- Today, I am getting the most amazing early birthday present. I am having a long tube stuck up my urethra and into my bladder to check for my bladder cancer. Yes, I’m awake the whole time. It’s a wonderfully intimate few minutes with my urologist who performs this procedure once a year since my bladder cancer diagnosis in 2007 (and again in 2008). And thankfully, it’s a gift that keeps on giving as I’ll be peeing broken glass for the next few days. Happy Birthday to me!!
- A quick shout-out to my original urologist who diagnosed me. In our first meeting, I asked him why he became a urologist. Without missing a beat, he said “I love penises.” My kind of humor. My kind of doctor.
- Dunkin Donuts officially announced they are releasing a gluten-free donut and muffin yesterday and the gluten-free world went absolutely ape sh*t. It’s not a cure for cancer folks. It’s not the second coming. It’s a donut. Actually, it’s a donut with 27 ingredients and 22 grams of fat. And before I get accused of being too negative, I get the fact that choice is good for many celiacs. And that there is a convenience to being able to grab a donut. Honestly, I see both sides of it. But I have two concerns:
Just give me a second while I climb off my soapbox. It’s a long way down.
- I spent Wednesday day night in New York City and am heading back there tomorrow with Mrs. Dude. There is no one I’d rather be with and no where else I’d rather be.
- I’ve had four breweries send me their samples in the past week. Blogging has its perks.
- I went to a Russian Vodka Bar in the city on Wednesday. They had over 100 flavors of infused vodka, including the following: beef, chicken, carrot and their best seller “bacon and chocolate”. I repeat…bacon & chocolate vodka.
Alright…I’m outta here. It’s almost Xanax time. Yes, you better believe I take a drug before my procedure. Does it help? It doesn’t hurt.
Happy Friday folks!!
Oh…and I have to finish this off with the best Birthday song EVER. Enjoy.