Ah…where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday my blog was wearing diapers.
And now here we are three years later and my blog is fully potty trained, with still the occasional accident. (You folks are very good at letting me know when I’ve soiled myself.)
Three years ago today, I wrote my very first blog post.
I had no idea what I was doing.
Three years later…and I still have no idea what I’m doing. I will be a work in progress til the day I die.
Let’s take a look back at the past 3 years a bit, shall we?
- Number of blog posts written: 446
- Number of people who have come to my site: 1,727,503
- Number of pages viewed: 2,786,936
- Number of comments left: 22,798 (Seriously…thank you!)
- Number of people who found my site by Googling “gluten free steve”: 90. I have no idea what that means and no my real name isn’t Steve.
- Other interesting search terms people used to find my site: gluten free sex, gluten bullshit, what does miley cyrus eat, hate for celiacs, gluten dud, celiac disease pooed on doctor
(I’m still laughing about that last one.)
I frequently ask myself if I can keep this blog going. Have I said all there is to say about our wonderful little disease? Is it worth some of the angst I receive (a portion of it quite self-inflicted I may add)?
The answer is…I don’t know. The fact is I enjoy it. I enjoy being one of many strong voices within our community.
And as long as that pleasure continues…I will continue.
I cannot thank you all enough for hanging with me.
Next round is on the house.