I thought long and hard about writing this post, as it deals with another “celiac isn’t a real disease” article somebody on Facebook sent to me.
I’m very aware of linking too much negativity with our disease and the last thing I want to do is give this guy one ounce of credence.
Then I thought about maybe writing the article, but changing his name to Dick Head, or something of that creative nature, because I’m sure he’d love the attention brought to him if I used his real name.
But then I figured that somebody this vile…this evil…this despicable…needs to be called out so we all know that people like this do indeed exist in this world. And sadly there are lots more of them out there.
His name is Roger Mason and he is the biggest a**wipe on the planet.
He recently wrote an article titled “Gluten-free Insanity”.
Here are some of his derogatory quotes:
- Celiac disease, or gluten intolerance, is a widely promoted myth. The truth of the matter is that this is a very rare condition – if it exists at all.
- This is very difficult to diagnose, and cannot be diagnosed with certainty.
- You can cure this disorder with a total program of diet and lifestyle.
- Supposed celiac patients have a very neurotic psychological profile. Talk to any of them and you’ll immediately see they are terminal obsessive-compulsive neurotics.
- A Russian study looked at people of all ages who claimed to be gluten intolerant. They found them to be mentally ill!
- Doctors at the University of Naples said celiac disease may be associated with changes in personality that may interfere with patients adaption to living.
- In plain words they are DYSFUNCTION-AL!
- Celiacs are all nuts folks.
Now…do I give a rat’s behind what this freak thinks about celiac disease? Of course not.
And normally I’d give it the Gluten Dude Breakdown, but it’s just not worth the effort.
And for the record, he also thinks 9/11 was an inside job, has been sued a number of times, sells a line of supplements though he’s not a doctor, calls those on welfare “bums”, spent time in prison, says the head of the Fed has always been a “Jewish Zionist”, and it goes on and on.
And yet, searching the web, he still has his ardent supporters. What a strange world we live in.
Why he decided to take on celiac disease is beyond me. Or just maybe it’s because he has a line of books and supplements that he says will allow you to heal naturally. And for all of those who are in denial about their celiac disease and will do anything so they don’t have to give up gluten, this guy gives them hope.
But it’s false hope.
Who woulda thought? Somebody trying to profit off our disease.
Like I said, what a strange world we live in.
Burn in hell Dick.