Wow…that year went by quickly.
About 12 and a half months ago, I got the idea to start a blog about living the celiac life from a dude’s perspective.
And 12 months ago today, I launched GlutenDude.com.
(If I was a dog, my blog would actually be seven years old.)
If you look back at my early posts, I pretty much sucked at blogging.
I was a bit all over the place…kinda like my golf game and my concentration level when I’ve been glutened.
But over the months, I suppose I found my snarky voice and the journey has been nothing short of amazing.
And naturally, I have all of you to thank. A blog is a lonely place without some audience participation and we have built a celiac community here that I now call my second home.
Here are some fun facts about year one…
- Number of posts written: 169
- Visitors: 101,661
- Pages viewed: 190,798
- Comments left by our amazing community: 5,160
- Additional spam comments blocked: 3,857 (bastards)
- Most commented post: Back to the Doctor…Need Your Help (131 comments)
- Least commented post: A whole bunch of them tied at ZERO.
- Number of Countries Reached: 151 (included Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Rwanda)
- Page with the most views: Eat Your Gluten Free Pizza Naked (it helps when Mark Cuban shares your link on Twitter)
- Funny Google keywords where people found my site: i love gluten, gluten free sex, free sex only, channing tatum naked, dana vollmer naked, naked dude, gluten free shit
- No-so-funny Google keywords where people found my site: i hate having celiac disease, why can’t I leave the house with celiac, can you die from celiac, can gluten intolerance kill you, died of celiac
- Number of times Kim Kardashian apologized to me: 0
- The date I thought I would run out of ideas to write about: October 2, 2011
- The date I’ll actually run out of ideas to write about: ???
So what’s next?
That’s a darn good question.
I’d like to take the blog to the next level, reach more people and be an even better celiac advocate. In the next few weeks, I’ll be launching a new design with some added site features.
“What new site features?”, you say.
Another darn good question.
I’ve got some ideas but I would love to hear some of yours.
If you could name one thing that would make this a better site FOR YOU, would what it be?
Thanks in advance.
And thank you for making my blog “our blog”.
One year in the books. Who woulda thunk it??