Hello. Bonjour. Hola. Guten Tag. Ciao. Ohayo.
Yep…it’s still me. Just with a new and (hopefully) improved look and user experience.
Thank god this site is a labor of love, cause holy moly, was that laborious. Add to that server issues all weekend and it makes for one cranky Dude. So let’s dig right into what’s new and what’s still to come.
Hey Dude…What’s New With This Site?
Funny you should ask. Let me count the ways.
- A new design. A little more 2014ish. Uses more real estate. Easy on the eyes. Very mobile friendly. Easy to dance to.
- A better navigation, including new sections for those Just Diagnosed and overall Resources, which I’ll be adding to as time goes on.
- Easier to search. With over 400 blog posts written, too many were too hard to find. That made me sad. Now I’m happy.
- Mrs. Dude’s Recipes. The idea is to add one per week. So far, we’re one for one. You can print and even save them.
- All my social feeds in one happy place. If nothing else, it’s very cool.
Ummm…Dude…What Are Those Things to the Right?
Those my friends are paid sponsorships. After three years, I finally decided to open up my site to sponsors from gluten-free companies I believe in. This site has a very passionate community and I do not take these sponsorships lightly. If there is an ad here, it’s because I believe in the company and I believe the community can benefit from learning more about that company and their products. It’s as simple as that.
Oh…and most of them are offering discounts via special Gluten Dude coupons. So go ahead…don’t be afraid…click em to save.
I could give you a million reasons why I went in this direction, but the fact is I want to keep this site going for a long, long time. I put a lot of time and energy into it and I need to start covering my time a bit. Add to that I’ve got one Dudette in college and another going before I know it. And a stack of medical bills from Mrs. Dude’s cancer staring me in the face. Nuff said.
But again, any ad you see will be from companies whose products I’ve tried and that I personally believe in. And you can save money. It’s a win-win.
Where are the Forums and Everything Else You Promised?
All in due time.
As much as I wanted to have this site COMPLETELY ready at launch, I can only work until 2:00am so many nights before I start to lose it. And I’m currently teetering on the edge. Plus, I didn’t want to do things half ass.
So what’s still coming to the site?
I stole borrowed some of your awesome ideas and am in the processing of putting together a kick booty forum. I’ve got some pretty cool ideas and I really think it will be a big benefit to the community. But Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a forum apparently.
I’m working on opening up a semi-private chat room.
– Got a question? Join the chat room.
– Not sure if something is gluten free? Join the chat room.
– Just want to pop in and say hi? Join the chat room.
– Lonely and looking for someone to meet? Please don’t join the chat room.
I’d like to include YOUR videos sharing YOUR celiac/gluten-free journey. Assuming you’re game for it, I just need to figure out the best way to do it.
My first attempt at a store where you can buy some fun items was a totally embarrassing effort. This one may be too but I’ll give it my best shot. Hey…you can’t blame a guy for trying.
And then some…
I’ve got some other ideas stirring around this celiac brain of mine. After a few weeks, we’ll see what some of the missing pieces are on this site and I’ll adjust accordingly.
So as always, I thank you from the bottom of my gluten-free heart for continuing to hang with me. I am beyond excited to continue this journey with you and I hope you feel the same.